Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 way switching using hall effect sensor
Hi. I have just got my head around how the controller and Alexa module work.  Its amazing!!  I have a 32 relay B type controller hard wired using an ethernet lead, with Alexa module.

I have a problem with light switching in my house.  All the lights are traditional hard wired 2 way switches every light has a hall effect sensor fitted to give an open or closed circuit signal (the house was wired a few years ago for alexa control using relays but this was before the clever wall switches were available!!).  I want to use this signal and connect it to the inputs on the controller so the controller knows that a light is on when it has been operated from one of the wall mounted switch regardless of the state of the relay.  How do i do this using the smart controller software??

I have very very little experience with computers and even less with code!!  Please be gentle with me and treat me like im a complete idiot!!!!

Thanks in advance Smile Smile

Darren
Now you can see real time relay state in our software, not need to use your old hall effect sensor. KC868-H32B's input port is for sensor trigger use, if you really want to see the lamp state , you can use KC868-COL connect with your sensor to see the feedback state. (make sure your hall effect sensor output signal type is dry contact [just means output OPEN/CLOSE] ).
here is video link for how to monitor the input state by PC software or by Tablet:
https://youtu.be/yZOaJbrzGOc
(12-05-2020, 03:31 AM)admin Wrote: Now you can see  real time relay state in our software, not need to use your old hall effect sensor. KC868-H32B's input port is for sensor trigger use, if you really want to see the lamp state , you can use KC868-COL connect with your sensor to see the feedback state. (make sure your hall effect sensor output signal type is dry contact [just means output OPEN/CLOSE] ).
here is video link for how to monitor the input state by PC software or by Tablet:
https://youtu.be/yZOaJbrzGOc

The relay state wont say if the light is on or off though, if the relay is saying off and someone turns the light on using the wall mounted 2 way switch the light will be on but the relay state will still be off.  I need a way of telling the controller the light is on regardless of the relay state. Can I not use the 6 inputs on the controller to do this?? 

I also need to control the relays to only stay closed for a specific length of time (its to control window security shutter which run for about 30 seconds).  How do I do this??

Thanks
if you use our relay controller and the switch terminal board, you should replace your old wall switch panel with self-reset wall switch panel, that like buttons. just click button for a signal to relay controller, the switch panel state will not locked for ON/OFF. so every time just click the panel for ON/OFF, not need tell relay controller now the state is ON or OFF, when click the button, relay controller will change the state, like ON->OFF, OFF->ON. You also not need to use relay controller's input for switch, that's for sensor use.

There are two way for control the relays to only stay closed for a specific length of time like ON->30s->OFF.
A. use phone app to create the "SCENE" mode, make 1 action for relay ON, delay 30 seconds, relay OFF. this need controller connect with cloud server by internet.
B. use KC868-COL logical controller, when set the IFTTT command , relay ON,delay 30s, relay OFF save to KC868-COL, it will automatic control relay controller locally without internet. Way A, if internet is broken, the function will be invalid.
(12-05-2020, 12:47 PM)admin Wrote: if you use our relay controller and the switch terminal board, you should replace your old wall switch panel with self-reset wall switch panel, that like buttons. just click button for a signal to relay controller, the switch panel state will not locked for ON/OFF. so every time just click the panel for ON/OFF, not need tell relay controller now the state is ON or OFF, when click the button, relay controller will change the state, like ON->OFF, OFF->ON. You also not need to use relay controller's input for switch, that's for sensor use.

There are two way for control the relays to only stay closed for a specific length of time like ON->30s->OFF.
A. use phone app to create the "SCENE" mode, make 1 action for relay ON, delay 30 seconds, relay OFF. this need controller connect with cloud server by internet.
B. use KC868-COL logical controller, when set the IFTTT command , relay ON,delay 30s, relay OFF save to KC868-COL, it will automatic control relay controller locally without internet. Way A, if internet is broken, the function will be invalid.

Hi. Thanks for that. Changing all the switches in the house isnt practical, the existing switches (of which there are over 30!!) are all colour co-ordinated to match the sockets and other outlets in each room (and they cost a fortune!!).  Also I am not sure that the switches you recommmend will fit UK standard back boxes as they are different to everywhere else in the world.  Will the logic controller allow me to control the lights using the existing switches by just telling the unit if the light is on or off so it can change the relay state as needed, my understanding of the logic controller is there are inputs which detect voltage??  This would allow me to do away with the hall effect sensors and just connect directly into the logic controller.  How many smart controllers can you have connected together??  I think I will need 3 or 4 in different locations around the house, will 1 logic controller be able to control all the other controllers, or do I need 1 logic controller for each smart controller (as you do with the Alexa module)??

Thanks
OK, I understand you. if you want to use your old switch panel, I think that is not self-reset type (instantaneous switch). There is a way to use by KC868-COL logical controller, not to use "switch terminal board". But your line must re-wire. Because your old line is connected to L and N with load. Now you can give the KC868-COL input port a dry node signal, no power. So you need your wall swich line to KC868-COL's digital input directly and set the IFTTT command for input port control lamp so that can manual control lamp ON/OFF.
if you have 3 or 4 different location for 3 or 4 KC868 relay controller. You will need 3 or 4 KC868-COL, because it's one by one, if 1 relay controller will have 1 KC868-COL, if 4 relay controller will need have 4 KC868-COL. relay controller and KC868-COL connect by RS232 cable directly, so that work without internet. Yes, just like voice module for relay controller.
this video is make for you. that step by step tell you how to use your old switch panel for smart control by KC868-COL.
https://youtu.be/jbuSTVcGdPc