Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SmartHome architecture
Lightbulb 
Hello Kincony and other members,

Some months ago I got the decision to use your products for my SmartHome. Because I like the Ethernet wired connection and I don't like the WiFi so much. 

For this, I already cabled my house in order to meet your products requirements (lamps, doors, power outlets, switches, etc).

My question now is about the connection between my 4 Panels, in order to have all of them in the same Home Assistant application.

Please, can you help me to know if something else (except the Ethernet wire) is needed for each panel? Or, maybe, some wires between the Panels ???

Please find attached the architecture of my Panels (pptx and png). If needed, you can add in the pptx file.

Thank you very much for your help !!!

Attached Files Image(s)

.pptx   Architecture SmartHome.pptx (Size: 38.58 KB / Downloads: 363)
every panel only use connect with ethernet cable is ok, not need other wires. Your diagram is correct.
let your home assistant program running on a server, the server also connect to your router. Let your server and all panel in one LAN network. Just connect to same router.
Thanks a lot for your response.
My Home Assistant is running on a Raspbery Pi4, in the same Multimedia Panel as Router.

So, no other RS-485 or RS-232 connections between panels are needed ???

What do you think about Power supply status? I mean ... a sensor to know when the power from the supplier is down. 
Do you think this sensor is needed in each panel, or only in the main one?
So, no other RS-485 or RS-232 connections between panels are needed ??? Yes, not need, every panel you have already connect with CAT5 network cable. these integrate with home assistant by MQTT.

sensor connect to which panel is same, just where need to detect, where is install sensor. for home assistant it's not importance which panel have connected sensor.
if you want detect power failure, you should let your controller and home assistant and your router always have power supply, maybe a backup power supply. then you cna use a power failure sensor connect to which one of panel, it's up to you.