Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lesson25- how to send alert message to Whatsapp by KC868-A4 A8 (ESP32)

You need to get the apikey form the bot before using the API:

1. Add the phone number +34 644 56 55 18  into your Phone Contacts. (Name it it as you wish)

2. Send this message "I allow callmebot to send me messages" to the new Contact created (using WhatsApp of course)

3. Wait until you receive the message "API Activated for your phone number. Your APIKEY is 123123" from the bot. As this is still in beta testing, the activation can take up to 2 minutes.

4. The WhatsApp message from the bot will contain the apikey needed to send messages using the API.
You can send text messages using the API after receiving the confirmation.

Example:

5. Enjoy

How to send a WhatsApp text message

https://api.callmebot.com/whatsapp.php?phone=[phone_number]&text=[message]&apikey=[your_apikey]

[phone_number]: Is your phone number asociated to your WhatsApp including the country code. (Ex: +34 123 123 123).

[text]: Message to send (urlencoded). You can use this online converter to encode the message. (i.e. %20 for space, %0A for new lines). WhatsApp formatting characters are allowed (i.e "*" for bold, etc.). Check here how to include emoticons in the message.

[your_apikey]: The apikey that you received during the activation process (step 4-5 above)

Example:

https://api.callmebot.com/whatsapp.php?p...1234567890
If you have problems building the URL, you can try the Web Browser assistant to test the API.

As this API is in beta testing, the messages can be delayed up to 1 minute.

Preparing 433MHz RF wireless sensor

Welding wireless module to KC868-A4 or KC868-A8 PCB board.

Preparing Arduino IDE

install RCSwitch library online.
source code download: 
.zip   KC868-Whatsapp.zip (Size: 1.54 KB / Downloads: 440)
you need to change WiFi ssid, password, apiKey, phone number, sensor_address, message_to_whatsapp by yourself.
Hello,

I tried your Code and have a problem.
A8 connects successful to Wifi, but i can't receive the RF adress. I tried 5 different 433MHz Remotes but serial monitor only shows 

Quote:Connecting to Wifi
Connected to the WiFi network

and nothing else.

I took an Multimeter and measured up the voltage at the RF Receiver:

GND to VCC 4,95V
GND to Data when no Remote is activated: 0V
GND to Data when Remote is active 0,9V, which is exactly as on PIN23 to GND at the ESP32, so i guess the ESP32 receives a "Signal".

The basic code from Lesson #2 isn't displaying a remote code too.
Any suggestions?

Thanks and best regards
do your RF remoter is 433MHz and use by 1527 or 2262 chip code?
All RF say 433 MHz or 433.92 MHz.

What do you mean with the chip code?
433MHz is frequency. you should confirm what code chip your remoter using. you can take apart of your remoter , take a photo, inside will have a chip.
Okay, thanks.

I have just opened one, theres an IC labeled "PIC16P630" and "0819VHR".

EDIT:

Found another 433MHz Remote that isnt suitable for my purpose but your Code identified the adress.
Guess I'll have to buy a new one.
Any advice on how to identify a compatible one before buying it?

Thanks for your help!
suggest buy a remoter chip is EV1527
To send an alert message to WhatsApp using the KC868-A4 A8 (ESP32), you can use the Twilio API to programmatically send SMS messages, including WhatsApp messages. Here is an example workflow:
  1. Sign up for a Twilio account and get a Twilio phone number.
  2. Set up a new project in Twilio to receive SMS messages.
  3. Use the Twilio API to send a message to a specific phone number in the format "WhatsApp:<phone-number>".
  4. Use the ESP32 to make an HTTP request to the Twilio API, passing in the message and destination phone number.
You will need to have some experience with programming and APIs to complete this task. Additionally, you may need to consider purchasing a Twilio package to access the API.
(02-07-2023, 06:45 AM)Sophia78 Wrote: To send an alert message to WhatsApp using the KC868-A4 A8 (ESP32), you can use the Twilio API to programmatically send SMS messages, including WhatsApp messagesaero Here is an example workflow:
  1. Sign up for a Twilio account and get a Twilio phone number.
  2. Set up a new project in Twilio to receive SMS messages.
  3. Use the Twilio API to send a message to a specific phone number in the format "WhatsApp:<phone-number>".
  4. Use the ESP32 to make an HTTP request to the Twilio API, passing in the message and destination phone number.
You will need to have some experience with programming and APIs to complete this task. Additionally, you may need to consider purchasing a Twilio package to access the API.

The provided workflow outlines a way to send alerts to WhatsApp using the KC868-A4 A8 and Twilio API. It requires programming skills and a Twilio account.
Will the chip other than 1527 work? Aero WhatsApp