Smart Home Automation Forum

Full Version: dimmer do not react using switches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I purchased a KC868-D8-Dimmer Controller and attached it to the network. Then I used the KBOX Smart App to control a lamp attached to Output-Channel 1. Then I wanted to use my switches to increase or decrease the brightness. Well, this is where the problem starts. I connected K1+ and K1- to switch one and K2+ and K2- to switch two as described on your page Dimmer Product Page, especially the diagram at https://www.kincony.com/images/KC868-D8/...mmer-6.png
[Image: kc868-d8-dimmer-6.png]
Unfortunately, the controller does not react at all. It is just ignoring if I press the switch or not. Then I started some research and found your YouTube video
There you used 5 wires and not four. I do not exactly know how everything is connected  Huh

I attached a photo of how I connected everything (test phase, no soldering used). Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks, iwzr
wire wrong. if K1 , have two line , you need connect one line to K1+ , another line with "KCOM", if you use two button. two buttons' of blue line you can connect to "KCOM", one brown color line with K1+, another brown color line with K1-
It is working now. See picture.
The documentation is not talking about the KCOM part.

Is it possible to work with the dimmer with just one wire?
ok, we will update the photo of KCOM diagram.
if you use only one line for dimmer, you can only brightness + or - . use two line for two button that can change brightness + and - .
[attachment=126]
updated the diagram
(12-30-2020, 12:33 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]updated the diagram

I am sorry, but it is not visible that K- has to be connected to KCOM. How about my try? There it is a bit better to see, that K+ or K- needs to be connected to KCOM.
Yes, your photo's wire is right.