Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KBOX COMMUNICATION WITH KC868-H32B
if you want to controller work in MQTT mode by internet remote control, the "IP" and "PORT" is not controller's, it's our MQTT cloud server's ip and port, see here is a photo: https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1741
Thank you 
This resolve the issue completely
Kbox communicate with H32B and i lean both 2 remotes for 32 channel on the terminal switch board
I didn't test yet the smart home apps.

If i would like to configure both D8 units and H32BS prior to wiring then Server+A16 then 4 AG then do the wiring, can you please confirm the following?
1- all units i will use different static ip?
2- set all ethernet for all units to the same mqtt ip 47.96.253.237
Port 1883 
Or should be different for each controller
3. And change the device ID by scan each one ?
And learn the botton for H32BS, 2 D8 to the 4 remote controls by learning button for each unit with remote ?

Thank you in advance

Another question  regarding the relay setting
I should select al relay momentry ? See attached

Attached Files Image(s)

1. suggest you use DHCP is better. will not have IP conflicts problem. Because sometimes other network device maybe have set the IP address as same as controller's IP.

2. yes, 47.96.253.237 is our free MQTT server's IP, all controller fill with this ip and port.

3. A. Device ID can't be changed ,it's fixed, you can use scan tool to find device's UID and IP address.
B. You should pair each remoter to each controller (not need learn every remote's buttons, it's different from IR, just pair one of remoter's button, then all buttons on the remoter can be used)

4. whether need set momentary function, it's up to you. such as some times maybe one relay have connect with a motor or curtain, momentary function can set the auto off time, it's safety for motor. or some device maybe need pulse, so can enable the momentary function.
Last chat with kincony support
We agreed to uae mqtt for all eyhernet controllers and for wifi conyrler TCP server DHCP

H32B is now mqtt for ethernet 47.96.253.237 port 1883

But

Then based on that both D8 don't have wifi only ethernet mqtt static ip 192.168.1.120, 130 port 4196
And using for mqtt 47.96.253.237 port 1883
Status no communication by kbox only remote and one click switch.

Also H32BS mqtt static ip 192.168.1.140 port 4196
Status no communication by kbox also the remote not working i only connect the 12 v input to test and learn remotes yes only one button as you said.

See photos for curremt status and led

Regarding your suggestion for momenty function what does it mean for the momentry time ? 
Is it the time of operation until switch off automatically to the desired time?
Or
The time delay to start operation after sent the command?

Attached Files Image(s)

Very very frustrating

I'm waiting your reply !!

It looks for me and correct me if i'm wrong

1- The controllers sre not accept one mqtt ip
47.96.253.237 port 1883 to be the same for all controllers

2- static ip for each controller can grantee see the web page to resolve issues but can't see on kbox because we are using mqtt server.

3. Can you please check from your side that the same as my system working before ? several tests and trials from my side with no further successful hope

Kc-868-server
Kc-868- A16
2 Kc-868- D8
Kc-868-H32B
KC-868-H32BS
4 Kc-868-AG

4. Please send clear instructions how to configure with robust system without ptoblem or conflict?

Regarding the following issues:-
1. Server, Client,  TCP ststic / dynamic , port for ethernet and wifi
2. Sequrnce of setup server - A16- 2 D8- H32B, H32BS, 4 AG

3. Testing this system intially on example load before connect permenantly to the house load.

4. If the home asistance is the solution i expect at keast another app as back up and friendly user duch as Kbox , any idea about smart things working absolutely fine with Sonoff home automatiom and my house multimedia appliances, what about this app with Kincony.?

Please note all abilable videos lessons has been seen and reviewed.
All online document has been read
Kbox used v2.02 please confirm it is the latest for mqtt new features

I need to configure and test each controller until all configured and tested to example load then do wiring and instlations

I tried several times the controller configuration on Kbox and uninstall kbox and install several times, no hope

Smart home can' log in still after you reset with new password you provided !

My expectation from Kincony
1. Send clear instruction customized to my system purchase not generic videos , instruction bits and pieces.

2. Testing from your side the same controllers, configuration and make sure configuration working, no need to exhsust your client and ask hime to test this and this on your behalf !

3. Open all channel of communication to resolve your client issues and sort it out through
- Any desk remote sharing
- Whatsapp support to send client relevant data 
- forum should be for generic questions or clarification of minor querey.

**Please note this system will be a prototype to test at my home before stsrt requesting and installing to my company clients**

Thanks of underdtanding and appriciate Kincony serve market client.

Kind Regards

Eng.Ahmed Abdelkarim
ElecServ
CEO for electrical consultating and contracting
Mobile +201222425892
The process is too chaotic. you should install home assistant on KC868-Server firstly. Then, add difficult controllers to KC868-Server one by one. you have KC868-Server, not need to use KBOX, maybe we have too many application can be used. actually, your solution is use home assistant app.
1. install home assistant application to KC868-Server.
2. KC868-A16 , KC868-D8, KC868-H32B ,KC868-H32BS, KC868-AG to home assistant.
how to do , you can see our video tour. The whole process cannot be explained clearly in one or two sentences.
(07-24-2022, 11:59 PM)ahmedk4444@yahoo.com Wrote: Last chat with kincony support
We agreed to uae mqtt for all eyhernet controllers and for wifi conyrler TCP server DHCP

H32B is now mqtt for ethernet 47.96.253.237 port 1883

But

Then based on that both D8 don't have wifi only ethernet mqtt static ip 192.168.1.120, 130 port 4196
Status no communication by kbox only remote and one click switch.

Also H32BS mqtt static ip 192.168.1.140 port 4196
Status no communication by kbox also the remote not working i only connect the 12 v input to test and learn remotes yes only one button as you said.

See photos for curremt status and led

Regarding your suggestion for momenty function what does it mean for the momentry time ? 
Is it the time of operation until switch off automatically to the desired time?
Or
The time delay to start operation after sent the command?

Hi Admin
If the process choatic because Kincony didn't provide the proper consultstion of the steps clearly!

I asked several times and consult you as a new DIY
What is the steps to start implement my system never come across start with server and home asistance first!

Sending few sentence in steps and links for video and or manual document to follow but be precise to custmized to your client needs and previous discussion.

You must clarify the server installation in details to my case:-
1- will it be mqtt the same ip address for ethernet static and for wifi dhcp tcp server?

2. Please clarify in details to not follow the videos and the setup in the video could be different to my cistomized setup that we discussed many times here and on whatsapp!

3. Important to consider and kincony need hard work on this to run semlessly, we moved to kbox new version 2.02 after Home smart failed to be stabley function and one app working with internet and other without internet, then Kbox upgrade to use for both and pointing me to ethernet through MQTT server in static IP to find the web page of controller and wifi through TCP server DHCP.then you mentioned is Choatic process and you must start with server and home assistance and don't use kbox , then we dropped the home smart app and Kbox and rely only in Home asistance without any simple back up app to use.

Fo you think this the right and proper approach to rely on single system with single setup without back up and moving from one solution to another after exploring troubles with previous advised video and steps for home smart and kbox?!!

I will stop trial any with kincony system and wiring installation until see a proper support to my technical issues.
I spent more than us$ 2000 to replace my current old system that 10 years old and i don't want to be in the same situation again!

I expect from Kincony a proper support and happy to discuss this further through anydesk remotely to save our time and moving forward.
Thank you

Regards
Ahmed
KBOX mainly work in local network for relay controller and dimmer controller. ardorid phone app have MQTT remote control function. But we suggest use home assistant app will be prefect for other device , such as KC868-AG.

at firstly, you need to chose which software to use, we not say which must to use, user can chose.

for smart home DIY, user need some basic knowledge of IoT. You have asked almost 100 questions to us, some are basic knowledge, sorry, we can't to write everything on the online guide, we hope before you doing, you can see online guide firstly: www.kincony.com/guide . But you can also post your questions on our technical support forum. You have sent such much questions on whatsapp, in our country, whatsapp app signal is not stable. Not smooth to use whatsapp. if you think video size is large, you can upload to google driver, then leave download link on the forum. whatsapp also can't send large video file.

now answer your questions:

1. MQTT setting , here is server IP just cloud server's IP, It has nothing to do with static and dynamic modes. Here are the basics of networking.

2. any questions post to forum is better, easy to see details of text and photo and video. WhatsApp is only used in a hurry or a short question.

3. if you want to use KBOX only, ok, you can use it, just work without KC868-AG, it use for home assistant.

i think you should to confirm which software solution you will use, then begin to do it, use anydesk to remote help you is no problem. It's a little chaotic now.
(07-25-2022, 10:13 PM)admin Wrote: KBOX mainly work in local network for relay controller and dimmer controller. ardorid phone app have MQTT remote control function. But we suggest use home assistant app will be prefect for other device , such as KC868-AG.

at firstly, you need to chose which software to use, we not say which must to use, user can chose.

for smart home DIY, user need some basic knowledge of IoT. You have asked almost 100 questions to us, some are basic knowledge, sorry, we can't to write everything on the online guide, we hope before you doing, you can see online guide firstly: www.kincony.com/guide . But you can also post your questions on our technical support forum.  You have sent such much questions on whatsapp, in our country, whatsapp app signal is not stable. Not smooth to use whatsapp. if you think video size is large, you can upload to google driver, then leave download link on the forum. whatsapp also can't send large video file.

now answer your questions:

1. MQTT setting , here is server IP just cloud server's IP, It has nothing to do with static and dynamic modes. Here are the basics of networking.

2. any questions post to forum is better, easy to see details of text and photo and video. WhatsApp is only used in a hurry or a short question.

3. if you want to use KBOX only, ok, you can use it, just work without KC868-AG, it use for home assistant.

i think you should to confirm which software solution you will use, then begin to do it, use anydesk to remote help you is no problem. It's a little chaotic now.
Dear Kincony Admin
Thanks for reply and clarification appreciated

To answer your questions :-
1. Yes the home asistance is my first and main priority since can be used on mobile apps for me and my family and can control all controllers including AG units.
2. I prefer to have a back up simple app as mobile app working as a remote control for controller if will include AG will be advantage if not then without AG such ad Kbox.
3. Regarding a smart home app is not friendly user but may be can have it as a second back up later after more understanding iot as you mentioned.
4. Then we can start with home asistant and setup server and A16 as you suggested and finish setup of all controllers 32HB, 32HBS, 2 D8, AG to server and A16 
Then work out the kbox communicstion if this is your advise, both are fine may be kbox i'm much more famliar with and can easy follow since i tried hard to connect to the controllers and still remember all steps and process parsmeters and work arrounds.

It is up to you to start with home asistance and server/ A16 setup or Kbox as you wish.

Send me and confirming what you would like to start with to resolve the issues one by one and moving forward.

Thsnk you
Ahmed
home asssistant can work in locally, also can remote control by internet by set DDNS function in your router, we have video tour.
now firstly, you connect with your hardware, install home assistant software to KC868-Server is first step. you can do as our video, where have problem, post your questions. after install home assistant completed, then begin integrate first controller, such as KC868-A16 or other, next integrate second controller XXX, next integrate third controller XXX, step by step. Because there is too much information to learn, need step by step.