Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KBOX COMMUNICATION WITH KC868-H32B
Hi 
I succeed to install home assistant  and connect to ghe srrver , add ons, 

Now a warning that there is no space , the space 0.9 GB !!!
I succed to see some multi media but majotity still not seen.

We discussed before since the server can connrct to 16  channel load then no nred for H32B conttrollrrd but you mention, that i will need it  becsuse server is not vonnect to switch such as H32B 
But lesson 11 showing can easy program the server to use remote and button / rocker switch.
if you are using 8G eMMC version CM4, you can connect with a USB disk to KC868-Server, use "movedata disk" function, that can move your data to USB disk, save your eMMC space. it's easy.

What is the maximum limitation for usb disk drive that i can connect to the server to move the data to?
8GB
16 GB
32 GB
64 GB
128 GB
250 GB
500 GB
1 TB
2TB
4TB
?
you can check with home assistant webpage: https://www.home-assistant.io/common-tasks/os/
i think use 64G or 128G is enough for home assistant.
Hi
I am using H32B + switch terminal board. I have succesfully installed KBOX 2.0 on my Android phone and it works.
I noticed that there is no feedback from H32B to the app:
Open KBOX, set switch1 to ON (from app) , set switch1 to OFF (from switch terminal board) -> on KBOX app switch1 is still ON.

I have also installed KBOX Pad to a windows laptop , and it gets feedback from H32B.

How can i have feedback to KBOX Android App ?
Thank you
KBOX android APP not have feedback function. you can Dropdown app UI interface to refresh relay state.
Dear Kincony customer support.
I had a long break with busy days for more than 1 year without trying to work on build up my house system that i spent +2000US$ to make a successful home automation system replacing my old system that was 10 years old and discontinued now.

To refresh the memory i bought KC868-SERVER,  A16, H32BS,  16 AD, 2 Relay switches 8, 4 AG located in one big switchboard
Also 1 H32B+ terminal switch for garden in separate outdoor switchboard.

I only installed the garden load to Kincony system to make sure reliabilty however due to move from KBox to kC server to fully controll the whole system and use of functionality as you suggested before using MQTT.
The installation of the server, A16 and move disk the data to external usb were failed several times get fed up and left the system for long time while leaving my garden light shut down with minor access !!!
I decided to have another try now the H32B working fine with terminal switch and using remote controls  well using KBox only and only through my house network only not 4G.

I'm suggesting to follow up again the previous conversations to remember and ask you first for important 2 question for the first instance.

1- Is any update done to installation files, steps, firmware for the above products that i bought ? It should be resolve many problems i faced before ? I appriciate to point me to those updated steps, procedures, executable / installation files to restart again the setup.
2- Are you still suggesting to start with setup the server then A16 then all other controllers step by step or any new updates guidance may be i need to be aware off?
I remember that i failed to movedisk to external USB for the server and also failed to complete installation to setup it to TV as well as A16.

I appriciate very much to give it another final try to implement the system that i bought with +$2000 more than 2 years ago without succeed to install it and get the use of money spent to enjoy the home automation with Kincony Products.

Thank you
Ahmed
1. the newest firmware for H series board at here: https://www.kincony.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5
you can check your current firmware version.

2. A16 is esp32 board, integreate to home assistant, just only update your ESPHome addon is ok. why move home assisant data to USB disk failure, you can try to change another high speed USB disk, or post your question to home asssistant forum.