Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use Apple HomeKit firmware for KC868-H32B Pro
We have made Apple HomeKit firmware by Homespan arduino library. Homespan library is open source and free for DIYer use.

1. Install ESP32 USB driver to your computer.

download from: https://www.kincony.com/download/CH341SER.zip
after installed USB driver, connect USB cable to your KC868-H32B Pro USB port. 

Then you will find COM port in windows OS "device manager"

2. Enable "ESP32 Development Mode" by KC868-H32B Pro Ethernet setting.

3. Download ESP Tool and firmware file.
ESP Tool download:

.zip   flash_download_tool_3.9.2.zip (Size: 31.15 MB / Downloads: 259)

Apple HomeKit firmware for ESP32 download:

.zip   homespan.zip (Size: 627.98 KB / Downloads: 244)

open ESP flash tool:

now close ESP tool.

4. Download KinCony HomeKitTool

.zip   HomeKitTool.zip (Size: 903.84 KB / Downloads: 251)

Press RESET button of ESP32

after ESP32 connect to wifi router successfully, RED LED "D45" will be ON.

5. begin to pair with Apple HomeKit App

after paired with HomeKit app, LED "D46" green LED will be always ON.
Homekit software read state of input connected to KC868-COLB connected to KC868-H32 Pro?
As long as the H32B Pro's relay status changed, homekit will be update state.
here is new homekit firmware support one homekit software use multi KC868-H32B Pro controller simultaneously.

.zip   homespan_20230109.zip (Size: 628.03 KB / Downloads: 179)
(01-09-2023, 10:36 AM)admin Wrote: here is new homekit firmware support one homekit software use multi KC868-H32B Pro controller simultaneously.

Is there any way to update the firmware using MacOS on an M1 MacBook Pro? You would think that the HomeKit firmware would require an Apple product for the update, instead of Microsoft Windows!  Smile

I attempted to make the above work using Parallels running Windows 11, but I couldn't get the COM port to show up. I tried installing ARM versions of the driver and just couldn't get my USB-C ports to show up as a USB-SERIAL device on Windows 11. If you're aware of a method to get this to work using Parallels on MacOS, please let me know. I am running an M1 Max processor, so I don't think Intel specific drivers would work. I have an older iMac that has Intel chips, if that might work... I'm afraid our household only has Apple laptops and PC's!

Mark
we will consider your suggestion for update by web.
the fast way use windows EXE program on Apple MAC, you can install some plugin in your MAC, will support windows EXE to running.
here have some different ways:
https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/car...les-on-mac
(02-02-2023, 11:58 PM)admin Wrote: we will consider your suggestion for update by web.
the fast way use windows EXE program on Apple MAC, you can install some plugin in your MAC, will support windows EXE to running.
here have some different ways:
https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/car...les-on-mac

Progress!

I was able to get the COM3 port working using my Intel iMac, and then successfully updated the firmware (I believe). After that, I tried to add it to HomeKit following the instructions and everything seemed to be fine until the end when I got an "error adding accessory" on my iPhone. It did not get to the point where it asks me what room the accessory is located. I tried again and now I don't see it in the list of accessories available and the HomeKitTool has a message saying:

DEVICE NOT YET PAIRED -- PLEASE PAIR WITH HOMEKIT APP

*** ERROR: Device already paired!

The green light at D46 is on (solid) and the red light at D45 is on (solid), so I think that means it is connected to HomeKit (green) and WiFi (red) - right? I tried powering off the H32B Pro and powering it on again and the lights come back on after it boots.

Is it possible that I need a different HomeKit setup code, or I need to delete it from HomeKit and re-add it?

I have looked around the devices that are in my HomeKit home and I don't see the H32B Pro anywhere.

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it!

Mark
you can do as this video step by step. if also have problem, leave message.
here is video tour:
"setup code" is fixed, not need to change, if you have multi H32B Pro controller, also can add to one mobile phone Apple Homekit App.
my name is Cassiano, can you please help me with my new KC868-H32B Pro ?  when connecting to app home in my iphone,    i m receiving this message - Unrecognized Controller PairingID and then shows ERROR: Device not yet paired!, ( see attached pics )

DEVICE NOT YET PAIRED -- PLEASE PAIR WITH HOMEKIT APP

* ERROR: Unrecognized Controller PairingID

* ERROR: Device not yet paired!

Attached Files Image(s)