Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tasmota A6 Templates/Mapping
Not sure how to ask this question but.......

I am working with Tasmota for the A6 and trying to understand how map the module parameters (GPIO1 to GPIO39) to the terminals of the 868-A6. I have not been able to find any documentation that describe the A6 functionally and which board inputs/outputs are mapped to the configuration table which is mapped to the ESP32 processor and determine which board inputs can be used for which sensors. IS THERE A DOCUMENT THAT EXPLAINS HOW THE TEMPLATE MAPS TO THE BOARD AND THE ESP32? E AND WHICH INPUTS/OUTPUS WORK WITH DIFFERENT TYPES OF SENSORS? 
HOW DO WE DECIDE WHICH "GPIO" NUMBERS TO USE FOR SPECIFIC PORTS AND WHAT THEY SUPPORT?
THE ESP32 SCHEMATIC DOES INDICATED SUPPORTED PROTOCOLS BUT HOW DOES THAT TRANSLATE TO THE GPIO'S IN THE TEMPLATE AND ON THE BOARD? 

I understand I2C and assume the display and external connector are wired to GPIO4 and GPIO15 and there are no other access points to that bus. Is this correct?

I understand the PCF8574 expander/multiplexer and the configuration with the 6 relays and the 6 DI ports that can be configured as INPUT/OUTPUT and through rules you can map inputs to drive the relays, IS THIS CORRECT?

SPECIFIC SENSOR QUESTION:
I need to us SEVERAL DHT11 temperature sensors , which GPIO's support that sensor?  Its a digital data stream.

I assumed IO-1 or IO-2 on the board, is that correct? If so, should the KC868-A6 module parameter template be set to GPI01 and GPIO2? 
On this template there is a "TX GPIO1" and a "IO GPIO2" that can be mapped to many different devices.  Yet the input/outputs indicated for the A6 is "IO-1" and "IO-2". WHAT DOES THE "TX" AND "IO" DESIGNATIONS MEAN? IS "TX" MEANT TO BE AN OUTPUT IO OR ARE BOTH BI-DIRECTIONAL?

I different bus interface such as LoRa, RS22, Relays, etc. are clearly understood.

Are there 868-A6 specific videos and tasmota templates available? I have visited other forums and always come across the A4 and A8 but seldom find anything on the A6.
1. here is GPIO pins define for KC868-A6:
https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1962

2.  I understand I2C and assume the display and external connector are wired to GPIO4 and GPIO15 and there are no other access points to that bus. Is this correct?
--> Yes, you are right, extend by this two wire SDA and SCL.

3. I understand the PCF8574 expander/multiplexer and the configuration with the 6 relays and the 6 DI ports that can be configured as INPUT/OUTPUT and through rules you can map inputs to drive the relays, IS THIS CORRECT?
--> PCF8574 can define every PIN for INPUT or OUTPUT mode, but our board input and output have different circuit, so input only define for INPUT, output only define for OUTPUT. you can't use INPUT for OUTPUT.

4. here is photo have IO-1 and IO-2 , these two pins can use for DHT11 or DS18B20 sensor, it have pull up resistance on the PCB.

DS18B20/DHT11/DHT21/LED strip -1: 32 (IO-1)
DS18B20/DHT11/DHT21/LED strip -2: 33 (IO-2)

these are IO1 and IO2 GPIO number, they are GPIO32, GPIO33

5. please see this link about pin define, all have listed:

6. KC868-A6 tasmota firmware you can see this link:
https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2405
Can other types of temp/humidity sensors be used such as DHT22 and SHT-C3? Since Tasmota already has the libraries for the two you mention, is there a way to update Tasmota or does Kincony provide additional 868-A6 updates?

(01-04-2023, 01:17 AM)admin Wrote: 1. here is GPIO pins define for KC868-A6:

2.  I understand I2C and assume the display and external connector are wired to GPIO4 and GPIO15 and there are no other access points to that bus. Is this correct?
--> Yes, you are right, extend by this two wire SDA and SCL.

3. I understand the PCF8574 expander/multiplexer and the configuration with the 6 relays and the 6 DI ports that can be configured as INPUT/OUTPUT and through rules you can map inputs to drive the relays, IS THIS CORRECT?
--> PCF8574 can define every PIN for INPUT or OUTPUT mode, but our board input and output have different circuit, so input only define for INPUT, output only define for OUTPUT. you can't use INPUT for OUTPUT.

4. here is photo have IO-1 and IO-2 , these two pins can use for DHT11 or DS18B20 sensor, it have pull up resistance on the PCB.

DS18B20/DHT11/DHT21/LED strip -1: 32 (IO-1)
DS18B20/DHT11/DHT21/LED strip -2: 33 (IO-2)

these are IO1 and IO2 GPIO number, they are GPIO32, GPIO33

5. please see this link about pin define, all have listed:

6. KC868-A6 tasmota firmware you can see this link:
https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2405

I followed your instructions and works with the two sensors you indicated. I then tried two DS18B20 temp probes changing the configuration table to show 32/33 as DS1820. Only one shows up, why?
Is there enough power on the board to run both?
Can other types of temp/humidity sensors be used such as DHT22 and SHT-C3?
--> sure, just use 1-wire sensor for KC868-A6 board is ok, just tasmota firmware supported.

Since Tasmota already has the libraries for the two you mention, is there a way to update Tasmota or does Kincony provide additional 868-A6 updates?

--> Tasmota always update firmware, you can download firmware from tasmota official webpage.

I followed your instructions and works with the two sensors you indicated. I then tried two DS18B20 temp probes changing the configuration table to show 32/33 as DS1820. Only one shows up, why?

--> do you use two DS18B20 with 2 GPIOs or 1 GPIO?
(01-05-2023, 08:44 AM)admin Wrote: Can other types of temp/humidity sensors be used such as DHT22 and SHT-C3?
--> sure, just use 1-wire sensor for KC868-A6 board is ok, just tasmota firmware supported.

Since Tasmota already has the libraries for the two you mention, is there a way to update Tasmota or does Kincony provide additional 868-A6 updates?

--> Tasmota always update firmware, you can download firmware from tasmota official webpage.

I used both 32 and 33 (IO1 and IO2) but only one shows up in Tasmota when two DS1820's are connected, one to IO1 and the other to IO2. I can connect a DHT11 on one and a DS1820 on the other input and they both show up but when I make them both DS1820 only one shows up.

(01-06-2023, 03:30 AM)Vulcan Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 08:44 AM)admin Wrote: Can other types of temp/humidity sensors be used such as DHT22 and SHT-C3?

I used both 32 and 33 (IO1 and IO2) but only one shows up in Tasmota when two DS1820's are connected, one to IO1 and the other to IO2. I can connect a DHT11 on one and a DS1820 on the other input and they both show up but when I make them both DS1820 only one shows up.

Ok, now I can see both DS1820's. In the configuration table and when you assign a sensor, there is a option for 1,2,3,4. I selected 1 for the first sensor(32) and then 2 for the second sensor(33). Can you explain what these are doing on the A6 board and how to use them both on the sensor inputs, I2C, SPI, etc.

Is there a functional document that explains exactly how the template controls different aspects of the board?  
Thank you.
i think you can check with tasmota document how to config.
Thank you. I have just downloaded the latest version which is when I noticed that some additional configuration table items/pins/ports included a sub number which was in fact how I got both DS18B20 sensors to work on IO1 and IO2. What I don't understand is how the A6 is being used through the tables and what and how Tasmota is using and changing the A6.

I appreciate that Kincony is not responsible for Tasmota however since its features by Kincony it would be very helpful to understand how it all works. Thank you again for all your help.
you are welcome.
Hi,
I tried add DS18B20 sensors on IO1, IO2, but i cannot see it in Tasmota.... I tried FW tasmota_KC868-A6.zip and tasmota_KC868-A6-20221128.zip, its same.... If i change the sensor to DHT11, all is ok (i see it on Tasmota). Can you help me?
do you use GPIO32 and GPIO33 for DS18B20?