Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H32B can not update
I have H32B which I bought few years ago. I was using it only by "shorting" contacts and everything works, but now I need to add it to HA. I that case I need to update firmware to enable MQTT (I am thinking so). Connecting directly by IP does not work, I hope it will work after update.

Connecting via NET REMOTE IAP works, I connect in 5 seconds after rebooting, ping is successfully returned, but when I choose firmware nothing happens. I have tried different versions of firmware but I am stuck on same result. As I do not know what processor I have, I have tried versions <5.x and >4.4

take a photo of your H32B PCB's CPU chip photo.
on the bottom side of PCB,there is a black big chip, take a photo, we want to see model.
Sorrry for late reply. I did not notice your reply. 

Is there any way to tell what chip is used without photo? By serial number or something? Mine board is heavily populated with wires ant it would be huge work only to check what chip is installed. 

you are using KC868-H32L , old controller, not KC868-H32B.
KC868-H32L not have new firmware, you not need to update.
(02-02-2024, 12:57 AM)admin Wrote: you are using KC868-H32L , old controller, not KC868-H32B.
KC868-H32L not have new firmware, you not need to update.

How can I setup this to work in home assistant. I have found a lot of info for H32B boards but none for H32L.
Can you help me?
because H32B not support MQTT. you can see here, other customer have integrate H32 to home assistant, as same as H32L, use by "TCP Server" mode.
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/32...47?page=15
(02-04-2024, 12:55 PM)admin Wrote: because H32B not support MQTT. you can see here, other customer have integrate H32 to home assistant, as same as H32L, use by "TCP Server" mode.
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/32...47?page=15

I have tried many ways to use code written by shamruk to integrate to HA, but I failed. I think it is because of updates done in HA in few years or something else.

Is it possible to add any module through RS232 to run this controller from MQTT? Or do I need to upgrade to H32B? I have read in topic sent by you that for people upgrading hardware it will be huge discounts. Is it true? What price is for upgrading?
now we suggest you replace by the newest controller KC868-H32B Pro. take demo video will have discount. you can contact with whatsapp number: +86-15381188302