Flow-based programming for the Internet of Things.
Node-RED is a programming tool for wiring together hardware devices, APIs and online services in new and interesting ways.
It provides a browser-based editor that makes it easy to wire together flows using the wide range of nodes in the palette that can be deployed to its runtime in a single click.
The installation of this add-on is pretty straightforward and not different in comparison to installing any other add-on.
- Search for the “Node-RED” add-on in the add-on store and install it.
- Set a
credential_secret, which is used to encrypt sensitive data. This is just a “password”, which you should save in a secondary location.Also set your user name and password. SSL can be set to “false”, because you use in local network.
- Start the “Node-RED” add-on.
- Check the logs of “Node-RED” to see if everything went well.
- Click on the “OPEN WEB UI” button to jump into Node-RED.
- The add-on works straight out the box! No need to configure a server!
Note: The add-on is pre-configured out of the box! There is no need to add/change/update the server connection settings!