Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is the latest product in the popular Raspberry Pi range of computers. It offers ground-breaking increases in processor speed, multimedia performance, memory, and connectivity compared to the prior-generation Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, while retaining backwards compatibility and similar power consumption. For the end user, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B provides desktop performance comparable to entry-level x86 PC systems.
This product’s key features include a high-performance 64-bit quad-core processor, dual-display support at resolutions up to 4K via a pair of micro-HDMI ports, hardware video decode at up to 4Kp60, up to 4GB of RAM, dual-band 2.4/5.0 GHz wireless LAN, Bluetooth 5.0, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, and PoE capability (via a separate PoE HAT add-on).
The dual-band wireless LAN and Bluetooth have modular compliance certification, allowing the board to be designed into end products with significantly reduced compliance testing, improving both cost and time to market.
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Specification :
1. Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
2. 1GB, 2GB or 4GB LPDDR4-2400 SDRAM (depending on model)
3. 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
4. Gigabit Ethernet
5. 2 USB 3.0 ports; 2 USB 2.0 ports.
6. Raspberry Pi standard 40 pin GPIO header (fully backwards compatible with previous boards)
7. 2 × micro-HDMI ports (up to 4kp60 supported)
8. 2-lane MIPI DSI display port
9. 2-lane MIPI CSI camera port
10. 4-pole stereo audio and composite video port
11. H.265 (4kp60 decode), H264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode)
12. OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics
13. Micro-SD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
14. 5V DC via USB-C connector (minimum 3A*)
15. 5V DC via GPIO header (minimum 3A*)
16. Power over Ethernet (PoE) enabled (requires separate PoE HAT)
17. Operating temperature: 0 – 50 degrees C ambient