KC868 Smart Home Automation Module FAQ:
1. Can multiple controller be used in the same mobile app?
Yes, multiple controllers of different models can be added to a mobile account.
2. Can controller’s input port trigger output port?
You can create a scene, define the actions at the output, and then associate it with input port.
3. How to make the output pulse control (such as Turn ON relay 1, Turn OFF relay 1 after a delay of 2 seconds)?
When creating a scene, define two actions, and set the delay time. For example: Turn ON relay 1, delay 2 seconds, and turn OFF relay 1.
4. Can multiple people control the same controller?
By authorizing the sub account, multiple people can share the control equipment. The primary account has the highest authority. The sub account can only control the equipment and can not change the configuration information.
5. Can the input of “A” controller trigger the output of “B” controller?
Yes, as long as both controllers are connected to the Internet.
6. Where can I download the latest version of the software?
7. Can WiFi controller use network cable and WiFi at the same time?
No, WiFi version controller can only use WiFi to access the network; ethernet network version controller can only use network cable.
8. What is the function of VirCom software?
VirCom software is a tool to configure network parameters of controller, such as IP address, working mode, SSID and password of your router.
9. How to run Windows program on Apple Mac?
You can install a third-party MAC plug-in virtual machine to run Windows applications.
10. What is the meaning of “work mode” in VirCom configuration software?
Work mode is used to set the working mode of control mode:
UDP: after the controller is powered on, it will automatically connect to the KinCony’s cloud server, which is used for remote control via PC or mobile phone.
TCP server: the controller itself is used as a server in the LAN, and the PC or mobile phone is used as the client.
TCP client: after the controller is powered on, it will automatically connect to the server with the specified IP and port for the development of software developers.
11. How to reset WiFi configuration?
Short circuit the two pads marked “RES” on the edge of the network port of the controller with metal or tweezers for more than 1 second, then the network module will return to the factory default value.
12. How to configure in LAN?
If you want to realize LAN control through PC and mobile app software of LAN version, set work mode in VirCom configuration software to “TCP server”.
13. How to configure remote use via Internet?
If you want to realize Internet control through remote control version of PC and mobile app software, set work mode in VirCom configuration software to “UDP”.
14. How to realize development by programming?
Set the work mode in VirCom configuration software as “TCP server”. You can write programs with any development tool or language, establish socket connection with the controller, and then send the specified communication protocol content. You can also refer to our demo source code.